Tuesday, February 15, 2011

WINTERKILL

Did a new piece for A TWIST OF NOIR yesterday:

SNOW'S NOT COLD TO A DEAD MAN

That was the working title. I don't really give my drawings titles. Call it whatever you want. "Nice Job Backing Out of the Driveway in Fresh Snow" would do.

I sketched the clouds and lower half in pencil, then started inking from the top with micron pens. The skylines were done freehand. My favorite part, I think, is the mailbox.

Yesterday, I picked up some ink and an India ink brush-pen to try on large blacked-out spaces. I've been eating up the micron pens; I love them for inking these small pieces, but they don't give the kind of flat, opaque coverage I want.

Next, I'm going to work on a new comic for PULP METAL. I have a few things ready, but need something different before I post the Quin Browne short story I adapted.

I'm also finishing up a little e-book called "Flashdrive" (Sarah Bloom photography and various writers). Should be up soon. Today, if I can place the photos and upload it to the site correctly.

And with my free time, unless something comes up, I'll be either be watching bad Horror or 70's Crime movies.

No comments:

Post a Comment