Sunday, July 26, 2009

GONE, GIRL

Another new poem of mine, GONE, will be published soon in a trade paperback collection of supernatural poetry. More details when they become available.

This poem and a short story I recently submitted to a horror anthology are some of the darkest things I've ever written. I slipped from crime (which I already write very dark) to black-hearted fantasy without meaning to. Earlier this summer, I experienced something that shook me to my core. I've been trying to work through it by writing it out a little at a time. These two pieces aren't based upon that incident, but seem to have sprung from a deep reaction to it. I do have several things which deal directly with it written or submitted right now. It's a tricky game to play, but I think I may finally be getting it out of my system.

No comments:

Post a Comment