Sunday, February 7, 2010

EATING IT

It began with a short story, a group of poems. A passing glance. Gentle brush of fabric in the stairwell. Over the holidays, then, an impromptu celebration, out-of-the-way cloakroom, awkward but well-intentioned fumbling in the dark. I awoke a Contributing Editor at Full of Crow:

FULL OF CROW

MY SUPER-SEXY PAGE @ FULL OF CROW

First up will be Winter 2010 MiCrow Flash. I worked with Lynn Alexander, compiling and organizing material, seeking permission to use photographs. It should be out within the next week or so. For this one, I hopped on the merry-go-round as it was already spinning.

I will most likely be handling the Summer 2010 edition. I've also been kicking suspicious packages into the other departments and have initiated one new project, with ideas for several more.

I have asked a dear, dear woman to helm disenthralled for me, beginning in late spring. I will still be involved. Details are to be worked out as we come to them. Those of you who know me also know that I don't plan out much of anything; a deadline appears and I meet it, as best I can.

This move will free me up as both a writer and editor.

That's why.

-----

Next up for me, a short at Dogzplot and poem at the Bloody Bridge Review. I've also been talking to Crystal Folz about doing a full poetry chapbook for Backpack Press--which will be my first sizeable collection ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment