Wednesday, July 29, 2009

FULL FALL FICTION/FACEPUSH

Three related pieces I wrote, a brief narrative and two poems, are going to appear in Full of Crow's Fall Fiction Issue. AMANDA #1-3. Scheduled for September. I'm honored to be part of it and to work with the staff there, who are small press/online champions and terrific writers, as well.

These are the first things I wrote about the recent death of a local woman--a scene I drove up on moments after it had occurred. I am trained to deal with situations like this, but it was immediately apparent that I was too late to do anything for her. I have two more pieces submitted elsewhere and, though I worried I might actually dig myself into a deeper hole by re-living the experience, feel much better about what happened since I've gotten it out this way.

-----

I also have a new blog up where I'll be posting random comments on pop culture guaranteed to upset somebody.

BLACK BETWEEN THE FRAMES

No comments:

Post a Comment